Who we are
Elvis London Limited – Global Creative Partner for Famous Brands
Company Number: 04768344
Registered Office Address: 75 Bermondsey Street, London, SE1 3XF
Office Address: 172 Drury Lane. London, WC2B 5QR
Tel: 020 3150 2100
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our clients. We want to provide a safe and secure service where we deal with your personal information. This means information that identifies you personally such as your name, photo or contact details or data that can be linked with such information in order to identify you.
Quick guide to contents
- What personal information do we collect about you?
- How do we use your personal information?
- How long do we keep your personal information for?
- Who do we share your personal information with?
- What happens if you do not provide us with the information we request?
- Do we make automated decisions concerning you?
- Do we transfer your personal information outside the EEA?
- What are your rights?
- How do we contact you?
- How do you contact us?
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
Information you give us
This could be:
- information you choose to share with us if you email us at one of our contact addresses. We may also make a record or copy of that correspondence and of your email and other contact details.
- information you provide when submitting a job application to us (for example, the personal information contained on your CV).
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our client’s websites, entering their competitions on social media, contacting them via a contact us form or via customer care queries, or when subscribing to RSS feeds or other brand services.
Information we collect automatically
- We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to analyse the use of the Website. These are statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and do not identify any individual.
Information we receive from third parties
- We work closely with third parties (including, for example, agency partners, our clients, payment and delivery services, advertising networks) and may receive your data in the course of working with these third parties. This could be information provided by you to one of our clients for the purpose of us providing some service to you, for example delivering you a prize or helping with a customer care issue, or where you use any of that client’s websites or social pages that we operate or any of the other services we may provide on their behalf. In this case you should be made aware that we will be processing your data.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information as Elvis or on behalf of our clients:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us; such as prize fulfilment or competition entry validation for one of our brands.
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to understand issues around customer care complaints e.g. location.
- to consider you for the jobs that you have applied for.
Information we collect about you
We may use this information as Elvis or on behalf of our clients:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- to keep a track of journalists or people working for companies that we can interact with online.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you and use this information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive)
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We only keep your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary and always in line with our internal data retention policy. The length of time will depend on how we received your information and why. For example, where you have provided us with your CV for a role and are unsuccessful, unless otherwise agreed we will delete your CV from our systems within six months of making that decision.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
We share your personal information with trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as prize fulfilment, research and customer care etc. We make sure to enter into written agreements with these third parties to make sure that they comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality.
We share your personal information with third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators. These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality.
Where required we share your personal information with third parties to comply with a legal obligation; when we believe in good faith that an applicable law requires it; at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; to enforce any applicable policies; to detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities; to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third parties, visitors to the our website, our business or the public.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE US WITH THE INFORMATION WE REQUEST OR ASK THAT WE STOP PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION?
If you do not provide the personal information necessary or withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal information, where this information is necessary for us to provide services to you, we will not be able to provide these services to you.
DO WE MAKE AUTOMATED DECISIONS CONCERNING YOU?
No, we do not carry out automated decision making about you.
DO WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EEA?
We will not usually transfer your personal information out of the EEA, however, if for any reason we need to, we will ensure that there are adequate security measures in place for the transfer.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
By law, you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal information. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country.
- What does this mean
- 1. The right to object to processing
- You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e. if you no longer want to be contacted with potential opportunities).
- 2. The right to be informed
- You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Policy.
- 3. The right of access
This is so you’re aware and can check that we’re using your information in accordance with data protection law.
- 4. The right to rectification
- You are entitled to have your information corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.
- 5. The right to erasure
- This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
- 6. The right to restrict processing
- You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
- 7. The right to data portability
- You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different services. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move, copy or transfer your information easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usability.
- 8. The right to lodge a complaint
- You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal information with your national data protection regulator.
- 9. The right to withdraw consent
- If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal information with your consent up to that point is unlawful). This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your personal information for marketing purposes.
We usually act on requests and provide information free of charge, but may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the information for:
- baseless or excessive/repeated requests, or
- further copies of the same information.
Alternatively, we may be entitled to refuse to act on the request.
Please consider your request responsibly before submitting it. We’ll respond as soon as we can. Generally, this will be within one month from when we receive your request but, if the request is going to take longer to deal with, we’ll come back to you and let you know.
HOW WILL WE CONTACT YOU?
We may contact you by phone, email or social media. If you prefer a particular contact means over another please just let us know.